Saturday, October 31, 2009

Night Before the Race

All day I have trying my hardest to think of race day as just another long run. The word "race" gets me all nervous. I am just focusing on resting and getting some sleep tonight. I am having trouble deciding on whether I should wear just the short sleeve Fleet Feet shirt while I run or if I should also wear my long sleeve layer over top of that. I don't want to be too hot but I don't want to freeze either...I bought some compression base layer shorts to wear underneath my pants just for fun. I love work out apparel.

At the beginning of this journey, the deal between my husband, John, and I was that I could name our first child (I think he thought I wasn't going to go through with it!). I think I will also reward myself with a pedicure! What a journey this has been. I have wanted to quit every other week but I just kept going. Ashley's mantra is proving to be true: "You are stronger than you think you are and you can do more than you think you can." Brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment